SAN JOSE, Calif. – The Bellator mild heavyweight grand prix will want to change to the alternate pool. The event has ended for Anthony Johnson.
Johnson, a previous UFC title challenger, has withdrawn from his forthcoming Bellator 268 headliner against winner Vadim Nemkov – and the match as a whole – because of to health issues, numerous men and women with expertise of the scenario told MMA Junkie. The people questioned to continue being nameless because the marketing has but to make an official announcement.
Nemkov (14-2 MMA, 6- BMMA) is anticipated to continue to be on the card from an opponent to be introduced at a afterwards time.
Yoel Romero, who headlines Saturday night’s Bellator 266 versus Phil Davis, was slated to compete in the opening spherical of the event against Johnson (23-6 MMA, 1- BMMA) but was taken off right after he did not get health care clearance for an eye difficulty. Davis presently dropped a unanimous decision to Nemkov in the quarterfinals.
A second semifinal bout in between Arizona’s possess Ryan Bader and fellow former UFC contender Corey Anderson is also slated for the function.
Bellator 268 usually takes place Oct. 16 at Footprint Center in Phoenix. The main card airs on Showtime immediately after prelims on MMA Junkie.
With the change, the Bellator 268 lineup features:
Primary CARD (Showtime, 10 p.m ET)
- Vadim Nemkov vs. TBA – for gentle heavyweight title, grand prix semifinal
- Ryan Bader vs. Corey Anderson – mild heavyweight grand prix semifinal
- Benson Henderson vs. Brent Primus
- Henry Corrales vs. Vladyslav Parubchenko
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 7 p.m. ET)
- Julius Anglickas vs. Karl Albrektsson
- Erik Perez vs. Brett Johns
- Sullivan Cauley vs. Deon Clash
- Nick Browne vs. Bobby Lee
- Javier Torres vs. Gregory Milliard
- Sumiko Inaba vs. Randi Area
- Lance Gibson Jr. vs. Raymond Pina