Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) allows its users to pay their electricity bills online by visiting its official website, BESCOM Mitra app and various apps and e-wallets.
In 1999, Karnataka introduced a major overhaul of the power sector. Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation (KPTCL) was dissolved and Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) was incorporated. The Karnataka Electricity Control Commission (KERC) was formed in November 1999.
The transmission and distribution business operated by KPTCL was unbounded in June 2002, the next stage of the reform process. Four new distribution companies were formed to distribute electricity in the state. BESCOM is one of the largest of the four organizations
Bescom distributes electricity to eight districts of Karnataka such as Bangalore Urban, Bangalore Rural, Chikkaballapura, Kalar, Davanagere, Tumkur, Chitradurga and Ramnagara. It has an area of 40,092 sq km with a population of over 20 lakhs.
Basecom has offices in Bangalore Metropolitan Area (North), Bangalore Metropolitan Area (South), Bangalore Rural Area and Chitradurga Area, 9 Circles, 32 Divisions, 147 Sub-Divisions and 534 Divisional Offices. It has started its activities from June 1.
How to pay offline electricity bill in Bangalore?
Basecom has several offices across almost all parts of Bangalore and you can pay the electricity bill at the nearest office. You can also pay the bill in Bangalore. Using cash, debit cards, credit cards, UPIs, demand drafts or checks you must carry and pay the electricity bill.
How to pay electricity bill online in Bangalore?
Bescom has made it easy to pay electricity bills for consumers who are too busy and do not have time to go to its offices. It has created several easy and hassle-free ways to pay the bill online. Consumers can visit its official website, Bescom Mitra app or e-wallet for payment. Here is the step-by-step process for paying the bill on various online platforms:
- How to pay the electricity bill on the official website of Bescom?
- Visit Bescom’s official website (https://bescom.org/pay-bill/).
- Under the ‘Payments’ section, you will find ‘Online Payments’, click on it.
- Enter the Customer ID or Account ID (which is available on the electricity bill) on the next page.
- Click to submit.
- Details of the bill will appear on the next page. Enter your email ID and mobile number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click ‘Pay’,
- Then choose the payment method to complete the process.
How to pay electricity bill through Bescom Mitra app
- Download the Bescom Mithra app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Enter your mobile number to login.
- Your account details will appear on the next page.
- Use the pay option now.
- Choose the method of payment.
- After entering the required details, you will be able to pay the bill in the Bilcom Mitra app.
Pay electricity bills through e-wallets – Freecharge, MobiQuick, Airtel Money, Amazon Pay and Paytm.
- Visit the official e-wallet website or open the e-wallet app.
- Click on the ‘Electricity’ section.
- Enter where you live.
- Select the power board. In this case, select Bescom.
- Enter the account ID or customer ID.
- The bill will appear on the screen.
- Follow the instructions to complete the payment procedure.
Basecom helpline number / customer care
- 24×7 Helpline: 1912
- SMS facility: 58888
- WhatsApp: 9449844640
- WhatsApp for security issues: 9483191212/9483191222