Kasargod District Collector for the movement of people between the two countries. Following the instructions issued by D Sajit Babu, South Kannada DC Sindhi B Rupesh also issued an SOP on Wednesday, June 3, allowing the daily commuters to travel internationally.
‘Unlock 1.’ As it enters its first phase, the state government on Tuesday took this decision in line with the new set of measures released.
SOP for inland travelers
SOPs for daily international travel between Dakshina Kannada and Kasaragod districts include:
- Daily passes will be issued for workers and students only. This includes medical professionals, government officials and students only.
- People wishing to travel from Kasaragod district of Kerala to Dakshina Kannada district for the purpose described above have to register at https://bit.ly/dkdpermit for their daily pass. For people traveling from South Kannada (DC) to Kasaragod, passes issued by the Kasaragod district administration have to be presented at the Talapadi checkpost.
- The pass application must clearly have the original and destination location and the full work address in DK. Along with the applicant, Aadhaar, work proof (clinic registration, employer letter, work / student ID etc.) should be uploaded.
- The Assistant Commissioner of Mangalore Subdivision will issue the pass which will be valid till 30.06.2020 till it is canceled due to misuse or misrepresentation.
- People who want to enter Kekegod district must register for an emergency pass on the Kovid-19 Jagratha portal, citing the reasons for inter-sea travel on a daily basis.
- Full details of entry into DK will be recorded at the Talapadi checkpost where passengers enter their details at the time of entry and exit each day. The person who fails to report when leaving the DK will be segregated by the taluk administration.
- Heat screening at the Talapadi checkpost will allow only those who have been tested to cross the border.
- Any misuse or deviation in the use of pass issued only for work and travel at work will be subject to heavy fines.
- All the guidelines related to Sebasindhu registration and segregation conditions will be applicable for travelers in other sections to come to DK.
- At the time of issuance of passes, the issuing authority should mention that the instructions have been complied with as per the order of District Collector 22-0 Comp – 2020 / KL. After providing the passes, Manjeshwar Tahsildar, who is conducting a camp near the entire check post, has to submit the full details along with the person’s name, address, phone number, date of entry, date of return, etc.
- The pass number has to be entered in the serial register.
All the guidelines described for entering Kasargod district should also be followed compulsorily.